Saturday, January 5, 2013

A New Mexico Winter Magazine





A look at some of the spreads in the magazine above...


Finally!!! Here it is- the magazine I mentioned I was creating a while back. Initially I thought the process of putting it all together would be easy. I had established a good collection of photos over the course of the month of December- logging places, shops, artwork, recipes, food, etc.- that I thought embodied the holiday season in New Mexico. Overall I would say that this time of year in New Mexico is colorful, festive, unique and beautifully lit (definitely something worth noting). In fact, it was the lighting that made many of my shots special. 

In reality however, putting together the magazine was not easy. There were a lot of setbacks, and since I am not very technologically- minded, I was constantly searching the Internet for answers. After merging and arranging all of my pdfs only to have the entire file erased, constantly re-sizing and cropping my images, and trying every way possible to reduce the file size to a low number of megabytes, lets just say I will be happy to not have to look at the computer screen for awhile.

But despite all of the computer nonsense, I am happy that I can start off the new year feeling like I accomplished something. Having said, it will be all the more worth it to have people see my magazine, share it, and give me feedback. My aim was to create a story in photographs. I hope you enjoy :)












8 comments:

  1. I love this work!! Are you publishing in print form?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am afraid that a printed copy is pretty pricey, in fact I just ordered one to see what the quality is like, and it cost me $60 including shipping and taxes. But I really appreciate your interest!

      Delete
  2. I love your new magazine! It seems really well done and yummy! With charming pics, no less! I look forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice comment.

      Delete
  3. I've been reading here for a while (after having gone GF this past April) and absolutely love your recipes and photographs. Although I now live with my family outside of Rochester, NY, my husband (then-boyfriend) and I lived in Colorado many years back, and we took several trips down to New Mexico during our time there. Your photos capture it just as I remember it; they make me smile.

    This book is wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing.
    - Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It is really nice to hear from people all over the country! I wanted to show how unique New Mexico is, and I am glad that you appreciated my take on the holidays here.

      Delete
  4. Lauren! This magazine is amazing! I would love to see it published. You are doing great things!

    ReplyDelete