Saturday, December 22, 2012

Creamy Baked Acorn Squash


The thought that popped into my head just after the all of 2 minutes that it took me to prep this dish was "why can't all recipes be this easy?" 
Because, well, that is just what this recipe is- easy, simple, and satisfying. I believe that the later is true for all recipes featured in Everyday Food. That is why I love that little magazine so much. It is always inspiring to see unique combinations of ingredients and flavors and unique ways of executing delicious non- stressful dishes.
My obsession for all things Martha Stewart began at a young age, and I am not about to cease being excited every time a new publication comes out :)
I will be back shortly... In the meantime, enjoy!


Creamy Baked Acorn Squash
serves 4

2 acorn squash, halved lengthwise, seeded, and bottoms trimmed to lie flat if necessary
salt and pepper
1/4 cup heavy cream
8 sprigs thyme
1/2 cup grated parmesan (2 ounces)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place squash halves cut side up on a rimmed baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Divide cream and thyme among halves.
2. Bake until squash is tender when pierced with the tip of a sharp knife, 35 to 40 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan and bake until cheese is melted and golden, 10 to 15 minutes more.

Recipe from Everyday Food: December 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment